We are looking for people that enjoy a 100%-plant-based dietary lifestyle to join us in our goals of sustainable and regenerative planting, applying fruit-based reforestation and environmentally-friendly construction methods, and decentralising food production while living closer to nature. We welcome and encourage a diverse spectrum of experiences and skills, along with motivation and an aspiration to learn. Knowledge of construction, sustainable methods of food production, and ecological technologies are a plus.
We do not charge money to stay here and help out or to partake in the abundance that the land provides. However, please see our “Info” page for details on all facets of the project.
Daily tasks, work, projects, et cetera
- Planting! in ground from seed, rooting cuttings, in pots for the nursery and transplanting
- Propagating by rooting cuttings, air-layering, grafting
- Pulling weeds from around and trees and vegetable gardens, mulching those trees
- Watering and maintaining the greenhouses/nursery, fertilising plants
- Chopping (unwanted) weed-trees and grasses
- Managing compost from kitchen and the composting toilets
- Cleaning the facilities and living spaces
- Harvesting fruits
- Pruning large trees
- Maintaining and upgrading facilities, trails, tools, and other infrastructure
- Collecting important local seeds and plants to propagate
- Educating oneself on sustainable polyculture principles and agroforestry (planting companions, fruit tree parameters and care)
- Collecting organic material to add to potting soil (leaves, tree moss, legume pods, and other organic matter
Those that share the Vision and Mission of Terra Frutis and are seriously interested in joining the quest for (peaceful) world domination via cooperative fruiterrarism, respect for personal freedom, and non-violent honesty in communication are encouraged to review to full comprehension the following webpages in their entirety:
and then proceed to submit a member application. We request that each individual planning to arrive at any Terra Frutis location fill out a separate questionnaire if capable of doing so, even if arriving with others.
All interested in potential membership will have their inquiries/questionnaires reviewed then the community will decide whether to extend an invitation. We only accept those who can commit to at least a three-week stay. Accepted applicants are considered “potential members” for their first six months here, during which time it will become apparent whether they are a proper fit for Terra Frutis. After this six-month trial period, members will decide via consensus whether to extend full membership. Furthermore, after one month of a potential member being at Terra Frutis, existing members will conduct a preliminary review of whether the person seems to be a suitable fit in the community as well as ask the person to review whether the TF community fits them. If either of these is not the case, the community may ask the person to leave. A similar pre-acceptance review also occurs after three months.
A security deposit of 60 USD will be collected in advance from each new arrival; deductions from this amount include a share of the monthly electric/internet/water bills and any incurred costs of replacing lost/broken items or killed plants.
See our volunteering page.
Terra Frutis is a vegan project so those that plan to exploit non-human animals, keep them in captivity, or consume their products while involved with Terra Frutis need not apply.