You can apply to join us as a potential member by filling in the questionnaire.
As a member, you will be involved in the decision making and the governing of the community. Members are expected to help us for a minimum of 20 h per week.
We do not charge rent to stay, but we do charge $10 per month for utilities. A security deposit of 100 USD will be collected on arrival, which is returned at the end of your stay minus the cost of utility bills, and mattress hire and laundry if used. For stays of less than 2 months, $50 will be kept as a donation to the community.
You will get a fair share of the food available from the land and, share our living spaces (kitchen, showers, compost toilets,…) and will be provided a place to sleep (room or simple building).
To apply as a potential community member, please fill out our questionnaire.
We are looking for people that enjoy a 100%-plant-based dietary lifestyle to join us in our goals of sustainable and regenerative planting, applying fruit-based reforestation and environmentally-friendly construction methods, and decentralising food production while living closer to nature. We welcome and encourage a diverse spectrum of experiences and skills, along with motivation and an aspiration to learn. Knowledge of construction, sustainable methods of food production, and ecological technologies are a plus.
please see our “Info” page for details on all facets of the project.
Daily tasks, work, projects, et cetera
- Planting! in ground from seed, rooting cuttings, in pots for the nursery and transplanting
- Propagating by rooting cuttings, air-layering, grafting
- Pulling weeds from around and trees and vegetable gardens, mulching those trees
- Watering and maintaining the greenhouses/nursery, fertilising plants
- Chopping (unwanted) weed-trees and grasses
- Managing compost from kitchen and the composting toilets
- Cleaning the facilities and living spaces
- Harvesting fruits
- Pruning large trees
- Maintaining and upgrading facilities, trails, tools, and other infrastructure
- Collecting important local seeds and plants to propagate
- Educating oneself on sustainable polyculture principles and agroforestry (planting companions, fruit tree parameters and care)
- Collecting organic material to add to potting soil (leaves, tree moss, legume pods, and other organic matter
Those that share the Vision and Mission of Terra Frutis and are seriously interested in joining the quest for (peaceful) world domination via cooperative fruiterrarism, respect for personal freedom, and non-violent honesty in communication are encouraged to review to full comprehension the following webpages in their entirety:
and then proceed to submit a member application. We request that each individual planning to arrive at any Terra Frutis location fill out a separate questionnaire if capable of doing so, even if arriving with others.
All interested in potential membership will have their inquiries/questionnaires reviewed then the community will decide whether to extend an invitation. We only accept those who can commit to at least a three-week stay. Accepted applicants are considered “potential members” for their first six months here, during which time it will become apparent whether they are a proper fit for Terra Frutis. After this six-month trial period, members will decide via consensus whether to extend full membership. Furthermore, after one month of a potential member being at Terra Frutis, existing members will conduct a preliminary review of whether the person seems to be a suitable fit in the community as well as ask the person to review whether the TF community fits them. If either of these is not the case, the community may ask the person to leave. A similar pre-acceptance review also occurs after three months.